Tags: bright, causing, drugs, health, kidney, medications, system, urinary, urine, yellow

Bright yellow urine!

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Kidney & Urinary System

5,235 words with 11 Comments; publish: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:41:00 GMT; (90062.01, « »)

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 11 Comments
    • For the past 4 days my urine has been a bright yellow! Really bright. What could be causing this? Thanks for any info.

i notice if i eat certain foods, like calcium pills for example, my urine turns bright yellow. it might have to do with what your eating.

#1; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:18:00 GMT
    • Medications can definately cause your symptons. Also, how much water do you drink and do you drink alot of juices and sodas.
      #2; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:19:00 GMT

I haven't changed my diet. I don't drink soda, I'm not on any medications. The only thing different is..I have started taking a high potency daily vitamin. They aren't yellow though. I guess the bright yellow did start the next day after starting them. Could this be causing it? I mean its almost like a neon yellow. Not cloudy at all, just bright yellow.

#3; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:20:00 GMT
    • It's the vitamin. Your B-vitamins (stresstabs) especially are known for this. Stop taking it for a couple of days and your urine will go back to its normal color...then notice the color when you start it up again. Mine is that same bright yellow, in fact that's how I know when I've forgotten to take my vitamins :)
      #4; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:21:00 GMT

Oh I hope your right. I just read the bottle..B12 300% DV, B6 300% DV also, along with a bunch of others. I won't take one tomorrow and I'll see if I notice a difference. Thanks a bunch :)

#5; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:22:00 GMT
    • Is your urine bright yellow but transparant? Or is is really dark, yellow and cloudy?

If it is bright and transparant, this is really good as your are successfully drinking enough fluids.

However if it is dark, cloudy and has a strong smell this is indications of dehydration, and aslo shows the build up of toxins because you simply are not drinking enough water.

Also are there any chances that you are pregnant? Pregnancy usually makes the urine change colour and turn cloudy and deep yellow

Hope i helped you hun

I would visit the gp if the problem persists

#6; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:23:00 GMT

Hope i helped you hun

I would visit the gp if the problem persists

Thanks for your reply. But as I stated in my earlier post, it is not cloudy at all. I believe it is from the vitamins. I skipped a day and the color was back to a light clear yellow. I'm going to take another vitamin tomorrow and see if it goes back to the "bright" yellow. ... If it is from the vitamins, is that a normal thing, or does it mean,too much of a good thing?

#7; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:24:00 GMT
    • My urine has also been very bright yellow...I haven't been taking vitamins (although i should) however, i notice when i do, it is bright yellow...its the same bright yellow i would get if i were taking my vitamins, except i am not.

can someone elaborate more on what "cloudy" might look like (ie pregnancy symptom) versus what it might look like if it is just dehydration ? Thanks!!!

#8; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:25:00 GMT
    • Hey there!

YES, B vitamins are typically known to turn urine bright yellow. This happens to me whenever I am taking my B-complex vitamins.

Not a thing to stress about! :bouncing:

Tyger.

#9; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:26:00 GMT
    • Hi, Mine is dark yellow and really cloudy. I don't take any vitamins or anything. The toilet paper is yellow when I wipe too. I always have little particles floating around. I'm going to a urologist in January to have my left kidney looked at because the ultrasound showed something was wrong with my left kidney. I also have lower back pain that radiates to my stomach. Could the yellow have anything to do with my kidney? I also drink alot of coffee aday and really don'y drink water. I know I need to start. Thanks
      #10; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:27:00 GMT

Let me know what the dr says! that sounds like me ? Thanks :-)

#11; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:28:00 GMT