Tags: dangerous, drugs, health, hold, kidney, medications, pretty, situation, system, urinary, urinate, urine
Is it dangerous to hold your urine in too long?
i was in a situation i could not get out of one morning. i had to urinate bad. had to hold it for about 2 hours. the last hour was pretty bad.the last half hour extremely bad. im sure this is not healthy, but what negative things could happen as a result of this? this is the only time i have had to hold my urine for that long.
Leave a comment...
- 5 Comments
- You risk stretching your bladder when you don`t urinate when needed. You also risk having urine back up into your kidneys which could cause an infection. Most likely, you didn`t cause any damage especially if you aren`t having any pain or fever right now. But if you allow this to happen often, you could do damage and possibly end up having to use a catheter to empty your bladder the rest of your life.#1; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:47:00 GMT
- I work an overnight shift and often leave my place of work 5 to 6 times a night on various calls. Sometimes, I have had to hold it in for 2 or 3 hours, until I return. Am I setting myself up for future problems?#2; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:48:00 GMT
- Well, since I work strange hours, I have not found a way to do the shift without caffeine. But this seems to overstimulate my bladder. I seem to feel it almost instantly. Sometimes after 2 hours, when I do go, it doesn't always feel complete. Like there is something left over, even when there is not. Sometimes there is.
I don't want to use the caffeine, but I can't seem to stay awake and alert without it.
????#3; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:49:00 GMT
- yes, it was painful that day when i had to hold my urine. it was quite painful.
these days it seems like i have to urinate more frequently. if i happen to drink a cup of coffee, it seems that i have to urinate every 45-60 minutes all day. i dont have any pain when urinating, or any other symptoms. just this frequent urination.
i dont have any urinary tract or kidney problems that i know of.
advise?#4; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:50:00 GMT
- I think you know the answer to your question. The more you " hold" your urine the worst off you`ll be. When you`re younger, your bladder is more flexible and will USUALLY be ok if this happens now and then. But as you get older, if you continue to abuse your body, you will start developing problems.#5; Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:51:00 GMT